The almighty Mighty Girl did a really cool thing on her blog, and I was so inspired that I'm stealing the idea for my very own! Maggie calls it "100 things to do before I go." I'm not sure I'll get to 100, but I did bang out 1-25, and I'm working on 26-50. You should totally do this, too. Putting form to your goals and wishes is a splendid way to pass the time in boring meetings or when you're trying to fall asleep at night. I think everyone should spend more time dreaming of things they want to accomplish!
1. Make homemade pasta.
2. Own decorations for each holiday.
3. Plant a garden.
4. Finish my wedding album.
5. Put together an emergency survival kit for the home.
6. Learn to swim properly.
7. Take a cooking class.
8. See the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids.
9. Run a marathon.
10. Make homemade tortillas.
11. Go on a real picnic.
12. Stay at a bed and breakfast.
13. See a Broadway show.
14. Swim with dolphins.
15. Completely finish one room in my house.
16. Teach Chickenbone "Come"and "Drop it."
17. Take my kids camping.
18. Make homemade tamales.
19. Go on an African Safari.
20. Complete my china set.
21. See a rain forest.
22. Become a member of a church.
23. Be able to do 10 real push-ups.
24. Stand in a sunny meadow or a green valley, with no roads, no power lines, no people, no signs of civilization in sight.
25. Eat a proper English breakfast.