My friend Robyn "tagged" me last week. This must be like a blog version of those e-mail chain letters, minus the nasty threats. Robyn is a great friend I met while attending journalism classes at the good ol' University of New Mexico. She has an online business that specializes in pretty handmade things, and you should go have a look. I already bought a beautiful pillow. And I fight the urge to buy, like, every single purse she makes.
OK, on with this tag business. The rules:
Start with 7 random facts/habits about yourself.
People who are tagged have to write their 7 things on their blog.
Then choose another 7 people to get tagged and list their names.
Don't forget to leave them a comment to tell them they have been tagged and to read your blog.
OK, are you with me? Here goes:
1. When I'm sick the only meal I want is diet 7-Up and Kraft Spiral Macaroni & Cheese. NOT. ELBOW. Spiral.
2. I sleep with my feet sticking out of the bottom of the covers, even when it's cold.
3. When I was a bridesmaid in a wedding last July, it was really hot and streams of sweat were staining my taffeta gown. So I borrowed breastfeeding pads from another bridesmaid and stuffed them under my boobs. This saved the day.
4. I keep score at baseball games.
5. For the first two weeks we had Chickenbone, I despised him and wondered how I could convince the shelter to take him back. I said repeatedly that I "hate his furry little guts."
6. I like to think of myself as a foodie, except I dip my pizza in ranch dressing and spread strawberry jam on my Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit.
7. Just now I Googled both "Kraft Spiral Macaroni & Cheese" and "Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit" to make sure that my use of ampersands in these product names is correct.
And because in some ways this really is HIS blog, here are seven things about Chickenbone:
1. There is no hobby he enjoys more than slowly and methodically tearing napkins and paper towels into tiny bits of confetti.
2. He never has bad breath.
3. Before he goes to sleep, he painstakingly wraps himself up in a blue blanket, so that every single bit of him is covered. We refer to this as being "in burrito."
4. His favorite stuffed animal is that long skinny thing from the PetSmart commercials, whom we have named "Yellow Dog.'' Because Chickens chews on its face until white, fluffy brains come bursting out, we have gone through at least a half-dozen Yellow Dogs.
5. He watches CSI every afternoon on the couch with his dad.
6. His favorite dog treat is dried pig ears.
7. When Chickenbone's mom first glimpsed him in a cage at the rescue shelter, she said he was "que feo.''
But whom shall I tag now?! Most of the bloggers I read don't know who I am. (My, that sounds stalkerish.) OK, wait, I thought of a few. I tag Beth, Shraddha and Sheila. Have fun!